Thursday, May 2, 2013

DIY - Personalised Journal


Paperchase is one of my favourite shops. The large array of notepads, pens, pencils- stationery heaven! I spotted a plain brown notebook for £3.50, and I loved it, but it was missing something. I could have met someone else with the exact same thing, so I wanted to do it up, and give it a bit of a vintage twist!
Here's what you will need to personalise your journal...




A Plain Notepad of your choice. As mentioned previously, mine was from Paperchase for under four pounds.



A Date Stamp or set of Letter Stamps. You can either print a word onto your book, or a date or time!
I got my date stamp from a fair for 50p. The last year is about 2007, but you can buy new ones for a fiver or more. The alphabet stamps were a good price and were purchased from a small craft boutique.





And finally, some ink! You can buy this from any arts and crafts shop and they come in lots of colours. I think that black ink works best with a brown background, so that's what I used...


So now you've got everything you need, let's get started!


Grab a scrap piece of paper and practise what you are going to stamp. This step is crucial as it gives you an idea of what looks best and how to space your letters!
Press a letter into the ink (I spelt 'My Journal') and then press it onto the paper. To avoid getting ink on another part of the stamp that isn't the letter, take a tissue and wipe it around the edge of the stamp!










 Keep practising until you are happy and confident using the stamps and have a clear idea of what to do. Next get your book and put a piece of paper across it. This will be your ruler and keep all the letters in line! Now you can start stamping...




 And that's it! If you give this a go then post a pic on instagram and use #elsvintageblogdiy to let me know!
Have you ever used letter or date stamps?

El
X









1 comment:

  1. "I love the values and ethics of the past". Loved this, loved your blog and loved your vintage stuff. Greetins from Brazil. :) Leonardo

    ReplyDelete