Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Room Tour!


Sometimes moving a room around can be great! Although I'm not usually a fan of change, I find that re-organizing my space every now and again can really reinvent a room! So, a couple of weeks ago I decided to do just that-start over with my room and have a de-clutter. But, there was a catch... I had to do it without purchasing anything brand new.

Unfortunately, I rather stupidly didn't take any before photos, I know right?! but there are a lot of pics displaying the finished result. I wanted to create a cosy room, one that looked inviting, which is quite tricky as my room is quite squared shaped with a dominating feature wall. But I think it's looking pretty good now!





First up is the trinket table (pictured above). This is where the majority of my nick-nacks are, such as an old Pepsi Cola pic and a stack of notebooks. It's also where I store my nail polishes and display bits of old jewelry. I bought the old Coca Cola tin ages ago, and since then it has been battered beyond belief, leaving it in 'vintage' condition. I used to use it as a lunchbox, but now the retired old tin is the home for my ever-growing collection of nail enamel, such as my trusty Essie In Stitches and my trio of Rimmel Kate Moss Salon Pros. For the tea lights, I simply stole a saucer from downstairs and put a diddy candle in it. Not only is it cute, but it also lights up the room pretty well when paired with a selection of other burning tea lights! I bought the retro looking stopwatch from Claire's (yes, Claire's accessories, the place where all my pocket money was spent back in the day!) a year or so ago now, and although I rarely wear it, it's great for display.




This little cupboard was found by a friend of my Mum's in a skip. Sporting a blue and yellow colour scheme designed by the previous owners, it was soon upcycled and passed on to me. On top of this chicken wire sideboard is a lamp, 70p candle from Dunelm and a stack of vintage books, on which my camera is usually sat. It sits next to my wardrobe on the teal feature wall, but as both pieces of furniture are white, it really breaks up the blue. A few necklaces are hung on the wardrobe hook, along with my most-worn belts.


Whilst clearing out the all-too-cluttered loft, we came across this child's chair. Originally an orange stained wood, it needed a paint, but it now serves as my bedside table. I seemed to have failed again, however, and don't have a pic of said bed! It's a Malm from IKEA, but being King-sized and put on the feature wall, it was previously in the way. It's now tucked under some shelves from the same shop.


This is another trinket treasure trove. Positioned on my shelve, it houses all other bits and bobs.




And finally, my messy makeup station! This table is very old, and like the chest of drawers pictured at the start of the post, has been passed down many decades. I use this as a makeup desk, and is where most beauty products are photographed. I love it, and it sits in the corner of the feature wall.

So that's a brief overview of my bedroom!

El
X























No comments:

Post a Comment